Earlier this month SolidFire has released Element OS 9 Patch 2 (Fluorine build 188.8.131.52). It includes support for all platforms and is a valid upgrade for any SolidFire cluster running Element OS 8.2 (Oxygen) or higher.
Some of the new features in patch 2 include
- MDSS feature (more metadata) is not supported on all platforms. It is a support enabled feature at this time.
- The vCenter Plugin has been updated to version 3. This was a complete re-write of the plugin and it now includes support for vSphere 6.5 and VVols 1/VASA 2. The new plugin focuses on pulling much more functionality from the SF GUI into vCenter and includes about 75% coverage of all storage tasks. I particularly like the VVols piece 🙂
There are also some very notable bug fixes that are included with this patch that will go a long way to improving the behavior of the cluster in a number of areas.
- Fixed some issues when doing VM level replication to a VVol datastore
- Resolved issues with tagging the primary storage VLAN and other general network improvements related to VLANs
- Better performance under conditions with a very high number of iSCSI sessions
- Better behavior when adding Element OS 8.x nodes to a 9.x cluster
- Fix to allow faster loading of the SF GUI in ‘dark sites’
- Lots of other under the covers fixes for general improvements in performance and stability
Get your update on!