Today SolidFire has released Element OS 9 (Fluorine build 126.96.36.199) patch 1 into the wild. It includes support for all platforms and is a valid upgrade for any SolidFire cluster running Element OS 8.2 (Oxygen) or higher.
Some of the new stuff in patch 1 includes
- Qualification of the MDSS feature (more metadata) with more platforms. Now includes the 9605/9010/2405/3010 platforms. This allows converting an additional block drive into a metadata drive thus increasing the available metadata available. This is handy for customers who have very high efficiency ratios or environments that rely heavily on snapshots. It is a support enabled feature at this time.
- FC enabled clusters leveraging VLANs are now fully supported. This includes traditional VLANs, VRF-enabled VLANs and tagging of the primary (default) network.
- New package deployment method to enable new hardware without a full Element OS upgrade.
There are also some very notable bug fixes that are included with patch 1 that will go a long way to improving the behavior of the cluster in a number of areas.
- Better support/stability for VVols. Highly recommended upgrade if you are thinking of trying out VVols.
- Overall stability improvements
- Ability to use VLAN tagging on default SVIP
- Improvements to handling SCSI abort tasks
Get your update on!